Queen Mary, TSSold
Also designated TS Queen Mary II in 1935. The 252.5’ river passenger vessel was built by William Denny Brothers, at Dumbarton, Scotland and launched in 1933. Under the ownership of Williamson-Buchanan Steamers, the 871 gross ton vessel was powered by three direct drive steam turbines and typically carried 2000 passengers making her the largest and most luxurious excursion turbine on the River Clyde. The steamer is preserved today for tourist at the River Clyde Canting Basin, in Glasgow. The model is constructed on a waterline format of a solid wood hull with porthole and rubrails applied. The superstructure is a combination of solid and/or built-up wood assemblies, and it includes all typical deck furniture, gear, and fittings this passenger vessel would have necessitated. Color scheme and twin funnels show her as built configuration. Presented in a custom fitted display unit with a solid Rosewood base with glazed cover trimmed in brass and two brass engraved name plates.
Model type: Steam, Waterline, Passenger liner
Scale: 24' = 1"
Size: 16 1/4” L x 7 1/4” H x 6 3/4” W
Code: CUS 3707