By: Builder's Model -
A fine antique builder's model a single screw general purpose cargo ship S.S. Maisie, built by Bartram & Sons, Sunderland for the Laming Steamship Co., 1911. The model with carved laminated hull, lined decks and superstructure with silvered and 23 karat gold fittings as appropriate, mounted on four plated silvered pedestals on raised plush fabric-lined base within original mahogany glazed case with a faux ivorine engraved builder's plaque. Originally ordered and owned by the Laming d'Ambrumeneil Steam Ship. Co. Ltd., with A. Leming & Co. as acting managers, the general cargo steamer Maisie was launched in October 1911. She registered 4,425 tons gross, was 385 feet long with a breadth of 52 feet and a depth of 25 feet, drawing a draft of 23'8", and was powered by three cylinder engines supplied by J. Dickinson & Sons Ltd. of Sunderland. Sold in 1917 to Portloe Steam Ship Co. Ltd., she was re-named Scatwell. Changing hands twice more by 1919 she remained with the Cairn Line until 1928 when she was sold to S.A. and P.A. Lemos, was renamed Antonis G. Lemos and changed her registered port from London to Chios, Greece. She was sunk in a collision between Danzig and Buenos Aires on 24 August, 1936.
Model type: Builder’s Model
Scale: 1/8" = 1'
Size: 61 1/2” L x 19 3/4" H x 17 1/2" W
Code: BLD 3500