By: Raymond Langdon
Designed by Benjamin Hutton, Jr. and built by Nat'l Hutton at Philadelphia. The brig was launched in 1803, went into commission early in September; together with Argus then went to the Mediterranean. She measured 93' 3 1/2" between perpendiculars, 27' beam, and 12' 6" depth. Plank on frame, exposed framing both port & starboard sides below the waterline and planks removed on the starboard side deck exposing deck beam structures.