Motorship for 101 first class passengers and cargo, Northern Prince was owned by the Furness, Withy & Company’s Furness Prince Line, of London. It was hull #814 built by Lithgows, Pt. Glasgow, Scotland and launched November 27, 1928 for the New York – La Plata, Argentina service. She was the first of four sister-ships including Eastern Prince, Western Prince and Southern Prince. During World War II she acted as a troop cargo ship and was sunk by German aircraft in the Straits of Kithira, April 3, 1941. She measured 516’ in length, 64.6’ in breadth and displaced 10,917 gross tons. She also had a Burmeister & Wain diesel, Kincaid; and twin screws producing 12,000 BHP.The model is mounted on four heavy brass turned pedestal supports and displayed on a mahogany stained baseboard with framed and glazed case.