This famous 44 gun frigate was built between 1794 and 1797 at Hartt’s Shipyard in Boston. Its successful engagements as 'Old Ironsides' with British vessels especially during the War of 1812 is legendary, e.g., Guerriere and Java. Solid wood hull, via hollowed-out laminated waterline lifts and is planked-over above the waterline. The hull bottom has individually applied copper sheathing plates in a variegated fashion. The gun decks are completely armed and the model is configured and painted according to her War of 1812 format based upon it 1870s era restoration. This configuration is how it is currently shown at the Boston Navy Yard. Deck planking is individually laid, with built-up bulwarks. It has a full suit of primary cloth and stitched sails (18), with all standing and running rigging per naval practice, and carries six ship’s boats. Extra masts and spars are also shown on deck. The model is mounted via two wooden hull supports on a solid walnut stained mahogany baseboard with recessed oval mirror and inlay banding. It also has a matching table frame & working drawer, and a laminated safety glass cover trimmed in brass. Includes one large brass engraved name plaque.