Built as the Duc de Duras in 1765, the former Indiaman of the French East India Companywas lent by Louis XVI to John Paul Jones of the American navy and renamed. She sank of Hamborough Head after defeating the HMS Serapis in 1779. This model was commissioned for the Washington Navy Yard.
A collaborative effort between Glanville and
Mr. Taheri provided some additional deck furniture, the elaborate stern galleries and balcony, and all decorative elements on the model, as well as the beautiful lion figurehead, which was artistically carved and painted. The entire exterior hull of the model was also authentically painted to be in accordance with the latest research on this vessel.